- As a Surface Warfare Officer and a wannabe lawyer, the Caine Mutiny is one of my favorite books. So this article about the implications of a”Caine Mutiny” in the White House was “in my wheelhouse.”
- For non-defense policy nerds, the big news in the last week or so is the addition of a National Guard Chief to the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It’s ineveitable that the cuts to the military over the next decade are going to shift emphasis from the active force to the Guard – and this article highlights why, from a cost perspective.
- At some point in the future, you will probably use digital files to make physical objects, everyday, in your home. 3D printers are becoming more widespread, and with it comes the online piracy of the computer files needed to make those objects.
- Saw this headline, thought it was a pretty clever play on words.
“Barrack Obama’s ‘Stop Offline Piracy Act is working…..There’s also an important lesson here for foreign travelers. When going to a dangerous region, do yourself a favor and bring along an American. Preferably, a white, photogenic, female American, but almost anyone with a U.S. passport will do in a pinch.
- Lastly, it’s not a fox, but I think I will try and make a habit of ending Foxy Links with wildlife photos that catch my eye, like this snow leapord stealing a photo-trap in the woods of Afghanistan.