This might as well be posted on Friday since it’s already 6pm West-Coast time, but I have a job that they pay me for with a desk and everything, so sometimes it happens.
- Google’s augmented reality glasses got a lot of press this week – I thought this video was a pretty great take on the potential downside of the technology:
- A great editorial on the JetBlue pilot that had a breakdown and why this isolated incident should NOT lead to a panic leading to a change in pilot screening. The short version – stuff happens, pilot have problems too, and you can’t stop everything.
- A year ago today, I was in the Gulf of Aden fighting pirates in 100 degree heat, standing watch every day while getting ready for a cross-country move immediately upon my return back home. And that’s just the way I like it! (A great article on leadership and motivation)
- Somali pirate attacks for the month of March are at a high since December of 2010 – I got to the Gulf of Aden in January of 2011. Just saying.
- A great picture of a Catalina Island Fox in the VC Star: